
Dad sent me this picture from our dinner outing over the weekend. The kids and I got to dinner 15 minutes early--I know, some of you think I'm lying, but it's true--so we went into Dollar General to spend money on crap. Jake got a punching bag, Annie got this pony (I got mailing tape).
I love summer, have I mentioned that? I love having Jake home, Annie loves having Jake home. I know it's still early in the summer, especially since Jake was in camp all last week and we hardly saw him. But the fact that Ike works from home and the fact that I can stay home with the kids is awesome. We are lucky, we are even blessed, and I don't forget it ever. Of course, after commiting to only organic produce and meats, plus my own vegan diet...I might not be able to afford being home much longer. I hinted to our cashier this morning at Earthfare (an old friend, actually, which makes shopping there even cooler!) that I might need a job to pay for the groceries, but I think she thought I was kidding...
(This isn't a plea for grocery money, but donations will be gratefully accepted.)
Ike survived the 48 Hour Film Project with a film with which he seems pleased. If you can make it out, the films will be shown from noon until 9ish this Saturday at the Carolina Theatre. Ike's film is in the group showing at 3. He found out yesterday that his team's film is disqualified from awards (other than Audience Awards) because the one line each team should use is incorrect. A big bummer, considering he didn't sleep for 65 hours straight (read that as just shy of 3 full days and nights) and his team all worked hard, but then I've also seen awards go to the wrong teams for the wrong reasons over the years. Given the bias of the judges, it's a crapshoot anyway, and I for one can't wait to see what Ike's team put together.
This afternoon the kids and I are off to swim with some of our best friends, and tomorrow we'll all go (Ike included) to Wet & Wild with other best friends. Yay summer! Imagine if we homeschooled in Flordia like Brandee does...we could swim and do school from home year-round...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home