Kids truly do say the darndest things...
On the way to pick Jake up from school this afternoon, Annie asked me (sounding innocent and sweet, like she wasn't trying to imply anything at all...), "Mommy, do you have horns on your head?"
I said no and asked her why she asked. She replied, "It's true, you do. You just can't see them."
Nice...
In typical, not-a-shy-wallflower style, Annie decided she wanted a balloon for herself (and one for Jake) at the grocery store today. While Jake and I stood quietly at customer service, waiting for someone to notice us (seething on the inside at how long it took...), Annie stood up in the cart, pointed at the manager behind the desk and yelled, "HEY!!!"
I swear, no less than 8 people stopped what they were doing and looked around for the source of such authority. Jake hid his head in my side, I did my best to disappear.
The manager responded immediately and asked what she needed (seriously, asked Annie, not me). She said, "We need balloons. I need a pink one. Jake needs a blue one."
We got our balloons and came home. Perhaps I could learn from this bold child...after I file down my horns...
On the way to pick Jake up from school this afternoon, Annie asked me (sounding innocent and sweet, like she wasn't trying to imply anything at all...), "Mommy, do you have horns on your head?"
I said no and asked her why she asked. She replied, "It's true, you do. You just can't see them."
Nice...
In typical, not-a-shy-wallflower style, Annie decided she wanted a balloon for herself (and one for Jake) at the grocery store today. While Jake and I stood quietly at customer service, waiting for someone to notice us (seething on the inside at how long it took...), Annie stood up in the cart, pointed at the manager behind the desk and yelled, "HEY!!!"
I swear, no less than 8 people stopped what they were doing and looked around for the source of such authority. Jake hid his head in my side, I did my best to disappear.
The manager responded immediately and asked what she needed (seriously, asked Annie, not me). She said, "We need balloons. I need a pink one. Jake needs a blue one."
We got our balloons and came home. Perhaps I could learn from this bold child...after I file down my horns...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home