Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

The Breast Cancer Site
Saturday, January 06, 2007
You Need To Update Your Blog...
Look, people, I have a very good excuse for not writing since Christmas Eve.

My dishwasher broke. If you have two small kids and no dishwasher, you know what this means. I have a friend with a 4-year-old, a 2-year-old, and no dishwasher, and she hasn't updated her blog since Dec. 22. And before that it was Dec. 12. Before that, Nov. 11th. So see, I'm doing well to be on here at all. (Sorry to call you out, Jaimie.)

If I am awake, I'm either washing dishes or calculating how long it will be until I can get back to washing the dishes...

But anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR! We celebrated this year at the children's museum, where they had a "ball drop" and parade at 4pm. Then we woke Jake at 11:30pm to have snacks and watch the real ball drop. At midnight we jumped on bubble wrap (more fun than you might think) and had "kid wine" in our crystal champagne glasses. We partied until about 12:08am, then went to bed.

For my New Year's Resolution, I'm borrowing a suggestion from Ellen Degeneres:

In 2007, I will continue to not smoke.

I've also made another resolution that came about because of two serious situations. First, a friend (whose husband is in the Air Force) told me in December about an acquaintance whose husband was killed in Iraq. She is now a widow with five children.

Then, just last week, I learned that the 5-year-old son of an ex-stepsister (I know, family relations are complicated in the South) has multiple brain tumors. At the last update I got, they were planning to remove at least two...but things are tough for his family right now.

And so, here is my real New Year's Resolution for 2007.

Be thankful every day.

I am so blessed to have two healthy children, a loving husband, and wonderful family and friends. When I get bogged down with bills that can't be paid or laundry that needs to be folded or kids who are crying, I'm trying to stop and remember:

My family has the food, clothing and shelter we need. We are fortunate to have that laundry (and even the dishes!). And I am lucky to be home with those kids.

Happy New Year, all. It's back to the sink for me...


4 Comments:

Blogger Moms2bugs said...

Ok Ok. I deserve that. Sorry for harrassing you but I just couldn't help it! And yes I do understand the dishes thing! I NEVER have a clean kitchen! And I have pretty bad eczema on my hands so it is hard for me to do dishes in the first place.
Well it sounds like you had a great New Years Eve! I can't believe I forgot about the ball drop at the museam! We should have taken the kids. Instead we went to CEC.
I love your new years resolutions!
Ok now i am going to do my blog and go wash my dishes!

Blogger GypseeMommy said...

You tell her Becky! God knows I can't do a think with Jaimie, lol. I love your resolutions! I really need to work on that "thankful" stuff myself. I am very blessed, but so often I don't see it until I hear about someone else's troubles.

Good luck on those dishes. I think its definitely time for paper plates and take out for a while ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks!!! I'm glad your thankful for your beautiful family (because your family does rock). But, losing your dishwasher!!! Oh No!!!

Blogger Unknown said...

Everytime Gabe & I start to get really stressed about money our little joke to ease the situation is..
"Well at least love & sex is FREE!"

Thats all you really need in life right? It was just love but Gabe being a man had to throw the sex part in! LOL

You have a great family that your lucky to love everyday.

Well I am off to wash some dishes...I swear god has cursed the SAHM w/an unlimited amount of dishes & laundry!

Post a Comment

<< Home