Today was an early release day for Jake. He got out of school two hours early, so we went to the Children's Museum with a friend. This is the same friend with whom we spent Monday afternoon at the Science Center, so they've been together quite a bit recently.
However, Jake informed me, this is not his best friend. "Carter is my best, best, best, best, best, best friend. Nicholas is just my best friend." Here we go. The ranking of friends has begun.
On our way to the Children's Museum, I told Jake that Granddaddy is coming for dinner tonight. He's planning to tell us Irish stories in honor of St. Patrick's Day. I told Jake that he has Irish ancestors. He said, "I know my ancestors are dead."
Me: "Yes, that's true. All ancestors lived before us, so now they're not living."
Jake: "Are your ancestors dead?"
Me: "Yes, mine are dead too."
Jake: "But I thought Caitlin was your ansister."
Hardy har har. Yes, Caitlin is my sister, Jake. Good thing she's not old, or he might think she's a monkey...
Excuse me while I go call my best best friend. Not my best best best friend.
However, Jake informed me, this is not his best friend. "Carter is my best, best, best, best, best, best friend. Nicholas is just my best friend." Here we go. The ranking of friends has begun.
On our way to the Children's Museum, I told Jake that Granddaddy is coming for dinner tonight. He's planning to tell us Irish stories in honor of St. Patrick's Day. I told Jake that he has Irish ancestors. He said, "I know my ancestors are dead."
Me: "Yes, that's true. All ancestors lived before us, so now they're not living."
Jake: "Are your ancestors dead?"
Me: "Yes, mine are dead too."
Jake: "But I thought Caitlin was your ansister."
Hardy har har. Yes, Caitlin is my sister, Jake. Good thing she's not old, or he might think she's a monkey...
Excuse me while I go call my best best friend. Not my best best best friend.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home