Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

The Breast Cancer Site
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Ohana Means Family...And Family Means We Wait Up For Daddy
It's a good thing we're in the home stretch with kindergarten, with only five days remaining of the school year. Otherwise, it might be a very bad thing that Jake has been waiting up for Ike every night...

As many of you already know, Ike started working a new movie shoot last Wednesday. He's only had daytime shoots so far, meaning he leaves here at 6am and gets home between 7 or 8pm. Which really means he gets here closer to 8:30pm.

Because Jake isn't up when Ike leaves, I've been letting him stay up to spend time with Daddy each night for a few minutes. His normal bedtime is 7:30, so 8:30 isn't too terribly late.

Tonight, however, when I realized it was 9:30 and Ike still wasn't home (and isn't yet at the writing of this post), I told Jake it was too late and that he should go to bed.

"But Daddy's not home yet," he said in his saddest little voice.

"I know, honey, but I don't want you to be tired."

Sad face. Ohh...okay, fine.

"Ohh...okay, fine. You can stay up to see Daddy."

"Yes, I have to see Daddy. He's a part of my family too."

Well, I certainly can't argue with that logic. He's now asleep on the couch, but he'll most likely wake up as soon as Ike walks in the door.

Jake also wrote me two notes today. The first reads,
"My favret culr is blew. My scket [second] favret culr is red. My uur [other] favret culr is gren. I lik my favret culrs."

The second note is one I'm going to post beside my side of the bed to read every day. "Sumetims I get frustrtd, but I stel love my famle. Sind [signed] Jake"

At least I know I'm not the only one...


3 Comments:

Blogger GypseeMommy said...

Awww, how sweet! My kids don't deal well when Terry is working odd hours, so I always make changes to their schedule so they can see him more. Sure, he was staying up late every school night then it would be different. But we gotta squeeze in some Daddy time somehow! :)

Blogger Moms2bugs said...

That is the most precious thing Becky! I hope you are planning on putting that in his memory book! Sometimes it amazes me how sweet and thoughtful kids can be!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that 2nd note. I need to write one of those to myself!

Post a Comment

<< Home