So, Jake brought home a book from the library at school. This book:
Grasshopper On The Road
In this book, a grasshopper walks down a road (odd, isn't it? You wouldn't guess it from the title...), meeting other insects along the way.
In the second chapter, he meets the beetles. Here I quote:
Grasshopper saw a group of beetles. They were singing and dancing. They were carrying more signs. "Good morning," said Grasshopper.
"Yes", said one of the beetles. "It is a good morning. Every morning is a good morning!" The beetle carried a sign. It said MAKE MINE MORNING.
"This is a meeting of the We Love Morning Club," said the beetle.
What?? What sort of propaganda is this?? My poor child, who knows for sure that Mommy is most definitely an evil Decepticon in the morning, must have been confused. What could possibly be good about the morning?
The beetles continued in their crazed way:
"When does the clover sparkle with dew?" asked a beetle. "In the morning!" cried all the other beetles. "When is the sunshine yellow and new?" asked the beetle. "In the morning!" cried all the other beetles. They turned somersaults and stood on their heads. They danced and sang. "M-O-R-N-I-N-G spells morning!"
So eventually the grasshopper mentions that he likes afternoon and night, too. They kick him out of the club and call him stupid and a dummy.
The We Love Morning Club. Hmmph. Maybe I do believe in banning books after all.
Grasshopper On The Road
In this book, a grasshopper walks down a road (odd, isn't it? You wouldn't guess it from the title...), meeting other insects along the way.
In the second chapter, he meets the beetles. Here I quote:
Grasshopper saw a group of beetles. They were singing and dancing. They were carrying more signs. "Good morning," said Grasshopper.
"Yes", said one of the beetles. "It is a good morning. Every morning is a good morning!" The beetle carried a sign. It said MAKE MINE MORNING.
"This is a meeting of the We Love Morning Club," said the beetle.
What?? What sort of propaganda is this?? My poor child, who knows for sure that Mommy is most definitely an evil Decepticon in the morning, must have been confused. What could possibly be good about the morning?
The beetles continued in their crazed way:
"When does the clover sparkle with dew?" asked a beetle. "In the morning!" cried all the other beetles. "When is the sunshine yellow and new?" asked the beetle. "In the morning!" cried all the other beetles. They turned somersaults and stood on their heads. They danced and sang. "M-O-R-N-I-N-G spells morning!"
So eventually the grasshopper mentions that he likes afternoon and night, too. They kick him out of the club and call him stupid and a dummy.
The We Love Morning Club. Hmmph. Maybe I do believe in banning books after all.
4 Comments:
Ok, we've not read this one and let me just tell you....now that I'm Emi's teacher she will not be reading this book. Maybe you and I should start our own club...WE HATE MORNINGS! :)
The grasshopper gets kicked out and insulted because he likes times of the day other than mornings? I hope that's not the end of the story. Either there's a moral lesson later in the book or that author is a militant morning person.
Nice use of the Decepticon analogy. I love a good, random Transformers reference. ;)
OK if you guys do start a WE HATE MORNINGS then I want to join! It has been so nice sleeping till 9am all this week. I told Danny that I was so happy that Klaire will sleep in! I said "Now that's my kind of Girl!" Griffin was always the early bird! Grrrrr.
Fine, hate mornings if you want to. More coffee for ME!
(I realize that coffee can be made anytime of the day or night. The important thing is I get mine FIRST!)
Post a Comment
<< Home