Okay, this would only be better if I had the patience to wait and write after I went out to take a picture of what I saw...
Do you remember the bear in my backyard? Well, watch out, Greensboro. There are now alligators on Westridge Road.
I know this because I saw the sign (and here's where the visual would be perfect). The nice thing about people around here (like my friendly neighbor who told me about the lion/bear in my yard in September) is that they are very helpful. Someone on Westridge did the neighborly thing. When they saw an alligator on their street, they put a sign in their yard.
Not only did they write about the gator, they even told us what the gator was doing. And they gave us a phone number to call (all on this sign), I guess in case we see the gator.
So, I suppose we need not worry too much. The alligators in Greensboro must be tired. After all, the sign said:
GATOR PANTING
336-555-1212*
Lesson we should all take from this? If you're going to pay for a sign for your business, please learn to spell what you do. I would never in a million years hire "panters" to come "pant" my house. Houses don't need pants and I don't like heavy breathers.
Especially if they're reptiles.
*Not the real number. I'm protecting the bad spellers here.
Do you remember the bear in my backyard? Well, watch out, Greensboro. There are now alligators on Westridge Road.
I know this because I saw the sign (and here's where the visual would be perfect). The nice thing about people around here (like my friendly neighbor who told me about the lion/bear in my yard in September) is that they are very helpful. Someone on Westridge did the neighborly thing. When they saw an alligator on their street, they put a sign in their yard.
Not only did they write about the gator, they even told us what the gator was doing. And they gave us a phone number to call (all on this sign), I guess in case we see the gator.
So, I suppose we need not worry too much. The alligators in Greensboro must be tired. After all, the sign said:
GATOR PANTING
336-555-1212*
Lesson we should all take from this? If you're going to pay for a sign for your business, please learn to spell what you do. I would never in a million years hire "panters" to come "pant" my house. Houses don't need pants and I don't like heavy breathers.
Especially if they're reptiles.
*Not the real number. I'm protecting the bad spellers here.
5 Comments:
I actually see this everyday on my way home and laugh, everyday. :-)
ROFL! Hmmm, gator panting....that definitely sounds like something that only happens in FL. What are the gators doing all the way up there?
Becky you are too funny! You really had me going there! LOL Come on now I can't spell worth a crap but at least I can spell paint!
lol I've seen that sign there also.
Even if the sign was suppose to read painting...who wants their gator painted. Come now thats just silly! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home