Today is Annie's 7-month birthday. Can you believe it? She's over halfway to one, and I swear she was just born yesterday! Anyway, I thought I would celebrate her month-day with a description of her three current favorite games.
She's at that age that is so much fun. I'd forgotten about this with Jake. She's sitting up on her own and giggling at things that she finds funny. I mean, not just when she's being tickled, but when something strikes her as funny, she laughs. It's adorable.
At any rate, game 1: Drown The Bunny. Annie loves her bath. Loves it. When she sees the water running, she starts babbling and reaching for it. She's a water baby for sure. AND she loves reaching for anything she can while she's in the tub. To keep her in one place as much as possible, I've taken to giving her a little squeaky bunny toy that can go in the water. Her favorite thing to do with said bunny? Drown it. She holds it up high with one hand, then pushes it into the water and holds it down with both hands. After the bubbles stop, she pulls it back up and babbles at it. I'm sure she's saying, "Are you ready to talk or do you want some more, buddy?"
Game 2: Spitting Veggies. New trick. Tonight Annie discovered that if she blows out instead of swallowing her baby food, food goes everywhere. Everywhere. She blows it out then jumps when she feels food land on her face. She giggles when she sees it land on my face. And then she blows it out again. I think she's figured this much out about life: she knows I'll feed her even if she spits on me. Yes, major lesson here: Mommy is a sucker.
Game 3: Stealing Glasses. As I mentioned, Annie loves to grab for anything she can these days. Her favorite target? My face. When my nose won't come off and she can't pull out my hair, she goes for the glasses. Almost immediately now, actually. If I have on glasses, she grabs, pulls, and holds them away from me. I think she's trying to play keep away, but you know what? Mommy may be a sucker, but she has a longer reach than the baby.
Just imagine the fun she could have if I'd wear earrings...ouch.
She's at that age that is so much fun. I'd forgotten about this with Jake. She's sitting up on her own and giggling at things that she finds funny. I mean, not just when she's being tickled, but when something strikes her as funny, she laughs. It's adorable.
At any rate, game 1: Drown The Bunny. Annie loves her bath. Loves it. When she sees the water running, she starts babbling and reaching for it. She's a water baby for sure. AND she loves reaching for anything she can while she's in the tub. To keep her in one place as much as possible, I've taken to giving her a little squeaky bunny toy that can go in the water. Her favorite thing to do with said bunny? Drown it. She holds it up high with one hand, then pushes it into the water and holds it down with both hands. After the bubbles stop, she pulls it back up and babbles at it. I'm sure she's saying, "Are you ready to talk or do you want some more, buddy?"
Game 2: Spitting Veggies. New trick. Tonight Annie discovered that if she blows out instead of swallowing her baby food, food goes everywhere. Everywhere. She blows it out then jumps when she feels food land on her face. She giggles when she sees it land on my face. And then she blows it out again. I think she's figured this much out about life: she knows I'll feed her even if she spits on me. Yes, major lesson here: Mommy is a sucker.
Game 3: Stealing Glasses. As I mentioned, Annie loves to grab for anything she can these days. Her favorite target? My face. When my nose won't come off and she can't pull out my hair, she goes for the glasses. Almost immediately now, actually. If I have on glasses, she grabs, pulls, and holds them away from me. I think she's trying to play keep away, but you know what? Mommy may be a sucker, but she has a longer reach than the baby.
Just imagine the fun she could have if I'd wear earrings...ouch.
2 Comments:
What a fun age! I think I wanna play the bunny game. But can I use Terry's boss instead of the bunny??? :)
I love them at this age!! But I swear they have lightening speed hands for grabbing on to things. I went through 2 pairs of glasses w/both my kids!
Post a Comment
<< Home