Annie had her 6-month-checkup this morning. I had a friend who was willing to watch Jake for me, but for some crazy reason I decided it'd be easier to just take him with me.
It's never easier with two children. What was I thinking??
No, it really wasn't too bad, despite the urgent bathroom trip Jake almost didn't make in time and the fact that the doctor was ready for us at just about the same time as the trip and the fact that wiping his own bottom is not something he's mastered and the fact that I was holding Annie while trying to help Jake on the potty... Otherwise, it was fine. Fun, even.
Jake especially liked the part where the shots weren't for him. He told everyone we saw from the minute we walked into the waiting room, "My sister is getting shots, but I'm not." I really thought he'd be worried about her or upset when she cried. But no. When Delora (the best pediatric nurse in the world) came in with the needles, Jake was right there between us, taking it all in. He loved the shots. Know why? They weren't for him. I have no idea how I'll break it to him that I scheduled his flu shot for October while we were there...
Anyway, back to the reason for the visit. Annabelle is a healthy, happy baby girl. She's 15lbs, 12oz, which puts her in the 50% for weight. She's 25.5 inches long, which puts her at 25% for height. (Which means she's been consistent percentile-wise since 4 months. I'm feeling pretty rotten right now because I just realized I didn't post an entry about her 4-month appt.) Her head is 17 inches, which is 75%. Which means she has a big head for her little body.
Mary Lou is right. She does look like me.
It's never easier with two children. What was I thinking??
No, it really wasn't too bad, despite the urgent bathroom trip Jake almost didn't make in time and the fact that the doctor was ready for us at just about the same time as the trip and the fact that wiping his own bottom is not something he's mastered and the fact that I was holding Annie while trying to help Jake on the potty... Otherwise, it was fine. Fun, even.
Jake especially liked the part where the shots weren't for him. He told everyone we saw from the minute we walked into the waiting room, "My sister is getting shots, but I'm not." I really thought he'd be worried about her or upset when she cried. But no. When Delora (the best pediatric nurse in the world) came in with the needles, Jake was right there between us, taking it all in. He loved the shots. Know why? They weren't for him. I have no idea how I'll break it to him that I scheduled his flu shot for October while we were there...
Anyway, back to the reason for the visit. Annabelle is a healthy, happy baby girl. She's 15lbs, 12oz, which puts her in the 50% for weight. She's 25.5 inches long, which puts her at 25% for height. (Which means she's been consistent percentile-wise since 4 months. I'm feeling pretty rotten right now because I just realized I didn't post an entry about her 4-month appt.) Her head is 17 inches, which is 75%. Which means she has a big head for her little body.
Mary Lou is right. She does look like me.
1 Comments:
I'm so glad Annie's appointment went well. It is such a pain taking both kids. I wondered what the heck you were thinking when you declined the sitter for Jake. Did somebody have a blonde moment?? ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home