Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

The Breast Cancer Site
Friday, January 20, 2006
My Name is Becky and I Have a Target Problem
Okay, okay, I admit it. I'm absolutely addicted to Target. Even their stupid commercials with the stupid dog and all the stupid bright colors thrill me. Their commercials make the strangest things look exciting to me...oh hey, look. Target sells dish detergent in really pretty colors. And I can See. Spot. Save.

I love Target, okay? I love it. I could live there...I'd open up one of their nice king-sized pillows, throw down some jersey knit sheets, grab a bestseller and a snack...ohh, like something from the snack bar...

And you know what's bad in combination with loving Target? Loving baby girl clothes.

After school today we went to buy a birthday present for Jake's friend (whose birthday party is tomorrow at Laser Storm. I can't believe my son is old enough for laser tag.). Where did we go? Target, of course. Jake got popcorn and an icee and we were ready to shop.

Present: done. Jake had a good point. He wanted to get his friend something Jake already owns, "so that it's not too exciting." Makes sense to me, now we'll have no problem giving it away instead of keeping it.

Birthday card: done.

Heading to checkout line when...

"Hey, Jake, I think you need new socks. On our way to get your socks, let's stop over here at the baby clothes."

New Valentine's Day outfit for Annie: done. (It's adorable, just wait til you see it.)

Socks for Jake: done.

Ohh, look at the pretty scrapbook: no, Becky, no. You don't know how to scrapbook. (See? I have self-control...)

Is that Dr. Phil in paperback?: no, Becky, no.

Okay, but how about new makeup? New soap? Lotion?: no, Becky, now you're just being ridiculous.

Heading to the checkout line: done.

Whew. Another day at Target gone. But really, you know, I could stop any time I want to. I don't think it's a problem. Everybody's doing it.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your not alone! I personally think the whole bulls eye thing on there commercials has some kind of hypnotic power that messes with our minds causing us to go to their store and blow all our money!

Blogger GypseeMommy said...

OMG, Tracy figured out how Target does this to us! I'm just impressed that you managed to go by the scrapbook. I have a SERIOUS scrapbook addiction now, so if I put that with the Target addiction to then I'd definitely need some serious help.

Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, you are absolutely right. Where Wal-Mart failed with the bouncing smiley face, Target has succeeded. We are all under the power of the Target...

Post a Comment

<< Home