Jake and I have become morning people, apparently. I suppose that's a good thing... Anyway, right now he's in his room, coloring a picture for his friend Brayden at school. He's singing a song that (I hope) he made up.
"I love blue,
I love blue,
I like blue, blue, blue everywhere.
Everywhere I like blue, blue, blue.
I love blue."
And it goes on...forever, I think. Hmm...maybe Jake's a morning person and I'm just up early...
Yesterday we celebrated Papa's birthday (Ike's dad), which was Friday. Happy Birthday, Papa! Ike was disappointed that he couldn't make it to the party because of work, but really, surely someday this crazy schedule will end. He works a couple of hours this morning, then he can come home to sleep. He refused to get out of bed this morning before I promised him he could sleep when he gets home. Sure, I said, as soon as you've eaten breakfast with the family, re-painted the baby's room, and assembled the crib...
Aunt Jane got Jake the best Halloween costume he's ever had (thank you Jane!)! He'll be going this year as Captain Hook, but the best-looking Capt. Hook you've ever seen. The woman who worked at the Disney Store tried to steer Jake toward Peter Pan by saying, "Capt. Hook's sword is too big for you." Well, obviously she doesn't know 4-year-olds. That sealed it for him. He's a BIG boy and he's going as Captain Hook. So there. Pictures will follow eventually I'm sure.
And Granny (Ike's mom) got him new shoes (Thank you Granny!). When Jake was born, Granny said she never wanted him to be in cheap shoes. I appreciate that and am grateful because Jake has had some wonderful shoes. Tomorrow he'll be headed off to school in his new Reeboks. He was much more opinionated about the whole shoe shopping experience yesterday, with definite ideas on what would look best and what made him run faster. I dread the day when he's that opinionated about his clothes too...
Now he's running around the house as a partial Captain Hook (sword and hook only). I think I need some coffee.
"I love blue,
I love blue,
I like blue, blue, blue everywhere.
Everywhere I like blue, blue, blue.
I love blue."
And it goes on...forever, I think. Hmm...maybe Jake's a morning person and I'm just up early...
Yesterday we celebrated Papa's birthday (Ike's dad), which was Friday. Happy Birthday, Papa! Ike was disappointed that he couldn't make it to the party because of work, but really, surely someday this crazy schedule will end. He works a couple of hours this morning, then he can come home to sleep. He refused to get out of bed this morning before I promised him he could sleep when he gets home. Sure, I said, as soon as you've eaten breakfast with the family, re-painted the baby's room, and assembled the crib...
Aunt Jane got Jake the best Halloween costume he's ever had (thank you Jane!)! He'll be going this year as Captain Hook, but the best-looking Capt. Hook you've ever seen. The woman who worked at the Disney Store tried to steer Jake toward Peter Pan by saying, "Capt. Hook's sword is too big for you." Well, obviously she doesn't know 4-year-olds. That sealed it for him. He's a BIG boy and he's going as Captain Hook. So there. Pictures will follow eventually I'm sure.
And Granny (Ike's mom) got him new shoes (Thank you Granny!). When Jake was born, Granny said she never wanted him to be in cheap shoes. I appreciate that and am grateful because Jake has had some wonderful shoes. Tomorrow he'll be headed off to school in his new Reeboks. He was much more opinionated about the whole shoe shopping experience yesterday, with definite ideas on what would look best and what made him run faster. I dread the day when he's that opinionated about his clothes too...
Now he's running around the house as a partial Captain Hook (sword and hook only). I think I need some coffee.
1 Comments:
I can't wait to see the adorable Captain Hook! Jake needs to teach Emi that blue song, because blue is her absolute favorite!
Post a Comment
<< Home